Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Great Cabinet Cleanup

I forgot to tell y'all about my little surprise for Philip when he got home from work Monday. (He doesn't care for my surprises. Haha.)

I spent the day getting all of the processed unclean foods out of our cabinets and fridge. Let me tell you, I was SHOCKED at all of the things I ate everyday that just were NO good for me. The thing that was most alarming was that every single barbecue sauce I had had partially hydrogenated oil in it! And we eat a LOT of barbecue.

I even packed up all of my beloved Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, and Healthy Choice meals (and desserts! Ahh!) and loaded them in the car.

I gave the food to my mom and sister, who kept asking, "Um... are you sure you don't want me to just hold onto this for you? What if you change your mind?"

The most difficult thing for me to part with that day was my dear Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken soup. Let's all have a moment of silence for them.

Ok.

Phil didn't even notice at first when I proudly opened the pantry door to display my work. (can you tell who does all the cooking in this house?) I had to tell him. His response, in a word, was, "Noooooooooooo!"

Haha.

He isn't complaining now though. I've been cooking more, and he has lost 4 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment