Friday, July 6, 2012

Cheater!!

I'm going to tattle tell on my husband. But its more as a helpful tip for you guys.

Don't cheat when you are eating clean. I mean, if you have a bite or two of something "unclean", you will probably be fine. Do not do what my husband did yesterday.

So, a family member was in the hospital, and we went out of town to see him. After the visit, we took the family out to eat. They picked a seafood restaurant- I was pretty nervous about my first time dining out while eating clean. I ordered a skinny chicken salad, and tried to keep myself occupied with feeding the 3 month old so that I wouldn't eat one of those delicious smelling pile of onion rings that they ordered for an appetizer. I swear that glorious pile was a foot high. I was seriously debating eating one. Oh my goodness. But I didn't.

Philip, on the other hand, dug right in. Despite my warnings, he ate lots of onions rings, then ordered a catfish dinner with french fries. "I'm going to cheat, I might as well do it big!" he rationalized. 30 minutes after we left the restaurant, we had to stop and get some Extra Strength Tums- he was miserable. Then he uttered the words every woman loves to hear.

"You were right."

Yeah... I don't foresee any clean-eating cheating anytime soon in our future.

And if you're like me, and are craving a pastry (I'm noticing I'm a nighttime craver. And I love sweets...), try the cinnamon raisin Ezekiel Bread. It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment