Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chips and Guacamole! Ole!

So Phil and I were watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians (I'm sure he really appreciates me disclosing that...), and Kourtney said, "Let's go get some chips and guacamole!" And Phil said, "Oooooh. Chips and guacamole... that sounds good..." So I said, "Let's make some!"

And, once again, I turned to The Gracious Pantry for the recipe. I halved the recipe, and used lime juice in the chips and the guacamole. I cooked my chips for 12 minutes instead of 15. Next time, I'd generously sprinkle the garlic powder and salt mixture on the chips. I did it sparingly because I didn't want to go overboard, but it was good and would have been even better with more. Enjoy. :)

Clean Eating Chips And Guacamole’
(Makes 6 servings)
Guacamole’
Ingredients
4 ripe avocados
1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Directions
Step 1 – Remove skins, and place avocados in a large mixing bowl, along with all other ingredients.
Step 2 – Mash all ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency.
Tortilla Chips
Ingredients
1 package corn tortillas (I use Traders Joe’s Corn Tortillas – the cleanest I’ve found so far)
1/2 salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
Lemon juice
1 tsp. olive oil
Directions
Step 1 – Take one bag of small corn tortillas and cut them into 4ths or 8ths.  (Please check the ingredients on the tortillas you buy. Not all tortillas are created equal!)
Step 2 – Cover a cookie sheet with a VERY light spray of olive oil.
Step 3 – Lay out your tortilla pieces so that none of them cover each other.
Step 4 – Spray your tortilla pieces with a VERY light spray of olive oil.
Step 5 – Sprinkle with lemon (or lime) juice, garlic and salt.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. until crispy (About 15-25 minutes, depending on your oven).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment