Saturday, June 30, 2012

Time for a Change: Clean Eating

Well, last I updated, I announced that I was having another baby. Here is the sweet fella:


During my pregnancy, I gained 33 lbs. I quickly lost 23 with WeightWatchers PointsPlus Program, and have been struggling with the last 10. I love weight watchers; don't get me wrong. It's a great starting point to teach people how to make better choices about what they eat, and it encourages healthier eating. 

But I'm ready to be even healthier. On WeightWatchers, I was still eating a lot of processed foods, full of trans fats, preservatives, and lots of things added in that just aren't natural. So, via Pinterest, I discovered the method of eating Clean. I did a bit of internet research, and although there are some variations, these are the main points I'll be following with the clean eating diet:

  • Shop on the outer aisles of the grocery store. i.e., fruits, veggies, fresh meat, milk, eggs, plain yogurt, etc.
  • Read the ingredients on everything you buy. (I thought this part would be super hard, but when deciding if I want to buy something I look for a short ingredient list ((4-5 ingredients)) that does not include partially hydrogenated anything ((partially hydrogenated = trans fats)) and that does not include lots of oils and butters.
  • Try to only eat things that are as close to their natural form as possible- i.e., minimally processed.
  • Drink water or tea.

    Did I mention I conned talked my husband into doing this with me? (We enjoyed a farewell to processed food meal tonight: Sonic. Y-U-M.)

    So, in an effort to hold ourselves accountable, and so that we will stick to this thing, I'm posting our before pictures.

    Don't judge me. 




Philip (my husband) told me to slouch and look unhappy. Apparently, that's how you're supposed to take "before" photos.

And here is Philip. Don't judge him either. (I also had to con talk him into allowing me to share his pictures.)



Our goals are to pay more attention to what we put into our bodies (with me especially, since I'm nursing), get healthier, and lose weight. 

Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment