Saturday, June 30, 2012

That Mint Smoothie Recipe

Philip loves mint-chocolate anything.

Hence, I got some dark chocolate chips (yes, they are clean! yay!), and some peppermint extract, so he could make this smoothie recipe, which I got from Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth.


Thin Mint Protein Smoothie
Serves 1
1 cup frozen spinach (or 2 cups fresh)
1 cup almond milk
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
Toppings:
1 Tbsp walnuts
1 Tbsp 70% dark chocolate chips
Combine the almond milk, spinach, protein powder, rolled oats, and peppermint extract in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a glass and top with walnuts and chocolate chips and enjoy with a spoon!
Note: If your blender has a hard time blending certain things, start by blending the milk and frozen spinach first and then add in the oats, followed by protein powder and peppermint extract.

I don't know if I'd consider protein powder clean, but I've got to pick my battles with Phil. At least he's doing this thing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment