Thursday, March 3, 2011

My #1 choice for baby monitor

When I was completing my baby registry, I saw a video infant monitor. It's price was about three times that of the other monitors, and I figured no one would get it, but I registered anyway. Imagine my surprise when I recieved the Summer Infant Video Monitor I had registered for! Now that my daughter is 9 months old, I realize that the monitor is worth every penny.

The model we selected was about $150, and came with one handset and one camera. The monitor can support up to two cameras. It not only has night vision so that we can see our baby when she is sleeping, but it also has a color monitor for when her room is lit. There is also a temperature monitor, which changes colors to let you know if the room is too hot or too warm. 

Because we had this monitor, we didn't have to get out of bed and walk across the house to go see if our daughter had spit up- we could just check the camera. We didn't have to worry if the temperature of her room was warmer than the rest of the house- we had the temperature gauge. We can watch and see if our baby is fussing, or if she is rolling around and playing with her stuffed animals at 2 AM. When we had a newborn, we didn't have to worry (as many new parents do) if our baby had stopped breathing. We could look at the monitor and watch for movement.

Most recently, we saw our daughter trying to pull up on the sides of her crib in the middle of the night. If we had not had the monitor, we wouldn't have known that it was time to lower her bed until we saw her try it while we were there.

Although the monitor may seem pricey, in my family's opinion, it is worth every penny. 

**I am not paid or reimbursed in anyway for reviewing this monitor. The statements above are my own thoughts and opinions. I am not affiliated with Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment