Friday, May 27, 2011

Easiest Way to Clean Your Microwave- and Without Dangerous Chemicals!

I was cleaning my microwave today and was reminded that I should share with you all the way that I do it that is SO easy! It's so easy, you probably won't believe it until you try it. :D

Fill a medium size microwave-safe container 3/4 full with water, and add about 3 tablespoons or so of lemon juice. You may need more lemon juice if your microwave is very dirty. Place the dish in the microwave and heat it for 12 minutes. After the timer goes off, let the water sit in the microwave for 5-8 minutes. This part is very important, because the steam from the lemon-water mixture will fill the microwave and coat the walls, starting to work on the buildup. Then, simply wipe your microwave clean with a rag. If you have a stubborn stain, dip the end of your rag in the lemon-water mix (be careful, its very hot!) and wipe the stain with a bit of the lemon-water mix.

Sometimes my turntable has buildup on it that won't come off with a wipe or a good scrub. In that case, I let some of the lemon water mixture sit on the turntable for 5-10 minutes and then wipe it clean with no problems!

Try it out for yourself, and let me know how it works for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment